The Assassin is one of four playable types of Heroes in For Honor. They are swift and lethal, boasting good offensive abilities and evasive skills to enforce this fact. In trade of their quicker strikes and movements though, they have less defense than the other three types of Heroes (the Hybrids, the Heavies, and the Vanguards). When playing an assassin, players should rely on their agility to evade attacks or their signature deflect to create an opening. They can utilize their speeds to hunt down weak, tired, and lone enemies or assault distant control points.
The best duelists of all types. With the ability to seek-and-kill other heroes effectively, Assassins possess a good selection of attacks that opens up many possibilities for follow-ups. While they lack durability, their offense is their defense. One striking difference between the Assassins and their brethen is their block, which cannot be held, in trade of being one of their best tricks: deflect and counter attack.
Due to their swiftness and dueling capabilities, Assassins are well suited for Duels or Brawls. In other modes, they are excellent at taking out enemies who stray too far from allies.
Heroes of the FactionEdit
The Assassin heroes in For Honor are:
- The Peacekeepers are the silent blade, entering and exiting battle, leaving only a trail of death. Agile, they wield a sword and dagger, with which they get in close, cause their opponent to bleed, finally retreating as the enemy's health drains. This ability to get in and out of fights swiftly is doubly important due to the peacekeeper's close range.
- The Berserkers are terrifying Viking beasts of death, with a brandished hand axe in each hand, using their speed to find targets and their agility to stay alive with their harassing play style. Their choice of weapon grants them the ability to chain together attacks in quick succession, while having the ability to throw their axes over a short distance. Even long ranged fighters should be wary of these warriors.
- The Orochi roam like ghostly snakes, slaughtering those unfortunate on the way with the katana. Utilizing an assassin fighting style, they are given a balance between harassment and counter-attacking. Their attacks are exceptionally fast, even more so when they evade an attack. But be aware that their window for parrying is limited compared to other Heroes.
- The Shinobi are warriors, silent as they are deadly, wielding a set of traditional Japanese kusarigama. They fight with a dancer’s grace and kill with precision thanks to a lifetime of disciplined training. Even mobile when in combat, the Shinobi uses literal smoke and the fleet of foot to reposition themselves around their prey. Watch your back as you fight this nimble foe.
- The Gladiators are merciless warriors that fight in the stadium for entertainment and personal glory. They are fast on their feet and can easily dodge an enemy's blocks. They use the trident and buckler for a deadly combo. The trident lets the Gladiators get fast thrusts and stabs on their opponent and the buckler allows them to block and parry while also serving as an offensive weapon.