"The vast forests of our lands are said to be filled with the spirits of beasts. Sometimes those beasts join us on the battlefield: Berserkers. Wild, free, and utterly without fear, they fight with twin axes but their true weapon is their passion. There is an ancient riddle: what is stronger than steel? Blood is our answer; blood and fury."
Chaotic and brutal dual-axe-wielding Vikings. Their savage love of combat strikes fear into the hearts of most, friend and foe alike. The Berserker fights relentlessly, capable of vanquishing foes before they can mount a decent defense. Unconcerned with their personal safety, they care little for their own defense, focusing instead on killing as many enemies as they can.
Historically, berserkers have been described to charge into battle without armor and wearing the pelts of whatever animals they believe themselves to be possessed by. Like their historical counterparts, the Berserkers wear little armor, only light leather and animals pelts with a mask over their eyes.
WeaponEditViking Hand Axe - The Viking have turned a common tool into a vicious, highly effective weapon. The hand axe combines speed of handling with the balance required for accurate throwing over short ranges. Their lethality in the hands of blood-crazed Berserkers is legendary.
- Historical texts and Icelandic literature describes Viking berserkers as Viking champions that were described to charge into battle in a trance-like, almost animalistic, fury.
- At the time it was believed this berserk fury was the result of them being possessed by the spirits of animals on the battlefield. Some speculate that it was the result of them consuming a hallucinogenic mushroom while others believe it was self-induced hysteria brought about by concentration and sheer force of will.
- Despite popular belief, a Berserker's act of going berserk was not due to any form of psychosis, rage or insanity. Many texts describe Berserkers as holding conversations before and during battles.
- Icelandic literature describes several tribes that they classified as berserkers, each one with a totem animal they worshiped.
- One tribe in particular were called the berserkir because of the bear skins that they wore to mark their status as berserkir translates roughly to "bear-shirt".
- Icelandic: Þú ert dauður! – English: "You are dead!"
- Jumping heavy attack
- Icelandic: Náði þér! – English: "Caught you!"
- Deflect guardbreak
Berserkers are intimidating Viking engines of death. They combine close-combat harassing abilities and have infinite chain attacks that can be initiated many different ways.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Harasser fighting style
- Short-range fast attacks
- Some attacks can hit multiple targets in a row
- Charging attacks that harass opponents
- Deflect ability
Trap that stuns enemies.
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration
Nearby enemies have lower defense and attacks while within range.
Passive | Attacks fill the revenge meter
Medium damage trap that stops victims in their tracks.
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
Raise speed, attack and defense stats for a short duration.
Throw an axe that deals medium damage.
Significantly raise your speed, attack and defense.
Enemies around you have lower Stamina regeneration and defenses
Throw a projectile creating a fire area of effect.
- Stun Trap - Trap that stuns enemies.
- Bounty Hunter - Passive - Gain health and stamina when you kill another hero.
- Rush - Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.
- Doom Banner - Nearby enemies have lower defense and attacks while within range.
- Revenge Attacks - Attacks fill the revenge meter.
- Bear Trap - Medium damage trap that stops victims in their tracks.
- Sharpen Blade - Attacks gain Bleeding over a short period of time.
- Fury - Raise speed, attack and defense stats for a short duration.
- Throwing Axe - Throw an axe that deals medium damage.
- Berserker - Significantly raise your speed, attack and defense.
- Fear Itself - Enemies around you have lower attacks and defenses.
- Fire Flask - Throw a projectile creating a fire area of effect.
- Renown - Earn more Renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptable. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense:Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time.
- Deflect - Dodge in the direction of an incoming Attack just before impact to Deflect it. A Deflect automatically Guardbreaks an attacking opponent.
- Infinite Uninterruptible Chain - When performing a Chain of 2 attacks or more, your Attacks become Uninterruptible. Additional Attacks also cost less Stamina.
- Infinite Chain Finisher - A Top Heavy Attack always ends an Infinite Chain. It also inflicts extra Damage.
- Chain Starter - Dodge Attacks can initiate Chain Attacks.
- Close Combat - Missing an Attack, a Chain or a Head Crusher can be cancelled by a Zone Attack or a Dodge.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|