"In desperate times, conscripted criminals refill our ranks. Sometimes, however, you find a diamond in the rough. The most elite earn their name: Conquerors. Strong as a battering ram, resilient as a fortress gate, their flail is as dangerous to the wielder as it is to the enemy. But in the right hands it becomes... unstoppable."
Ex-prisoners and forced conscripts who have risen to the rank of elite soldier. Originally pressed into military service as sword fodder, those who are skilled enough to survive are promoted out of the rank and file and given heavy infantry training. They are heavily armored warriors, relying on a defensive style and their massive flails to whittle away at their opponent’s stamina until they fall under the Conquerors’ massive onslaught. Climbing from the lowest ranked to this prestigious role in the Knight’s forces, Conquerors have earned the respect of their peers through determination and feats of arms.
The default Conquerors wear pot helms along with plate armor hidden beneath cloths and leather with their faction's color embroidered on it. They have what appears to be a shackle wrapped around their right wrist with a chain wrapped around their arm.
Footman's Flail - The flail is one of the most vicious weapons used by the heavy infantry of the Iron Legion. They are made of heavy iron chains linking a stout wooden handle to a massive steel-spiked ball. The flail inflicts massive wounds through concussion as it crushes both armor and bones.
- The Conqueror's default armor is one of an older design.
- This is supported by their pot helm, which was mostly worn during the Crusades, and the usage of shields, which were not used by later knights due to armor technology advancement. The tunic they wear over their armor is also identical to those worn by the crusaders.
- The Pop Top execution was known as the Bash 'N' Dash in the alpha.
- According to many historians, the version of the flail used in the game might have never been used in medieval combat in reality.
- There were two versions of the flail: the haft, chain and metal striking head that is known most in pop culture and the two-handed haft, chain and cylindrical wooden head. Of the two, also known as the long handled peasant flail, has been speculated to have been used for medieval combat.
- Most examples of the metal-head flail found in museums are claimed to be fakes, whereas those that exist in medieval artworks are typically seen together with dragons and other mythical elements, making it more likely this version of the flail was more fiction than reality.
- The more practical explanation of why the metal-head flail wouldn't have been used is because of the incredible difficulty that would come with using the weapon effectively without accidentally hurting oneself. This risk would far outweigh the benefits the flail had to other weapons, such as being able to surpass parrying using the chain of the flail.
- The use of sticks instead of a metal weight has seen use in other cultures, such as the Nunchaku and three-section staff.
- Prior to the Marching Fire update, the Female conqueror had her quotes between Shield Bash and Full Block Stance switched.
- Latin: Te occidam! - English: "I will kill you!"
- Shield Bash/Shield Uppercut
- Latin: Te affligam! - English: "I will crush you!"
- Full Block Stance
Conquerors are heavily armored fighters armed with a massive flail. They destabilize and overcome enemies through multiple defensive abilities and strong attacks.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Defensive Fighting
- Auto-blocking defense mode
- Interrupts attacks with standard block
- Highly effective defensive mode
- Unblockable shield-based attacks
Passive | Rapidly revive fallen teammates.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Capture and upgrade control zones faster.Unlocked at level 5
Passive | Killing soldier grants you health and stamina.Unlocked at level 13
Trade movement speed for better defense.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Shield based attacks now deal damage.Unlocked at level 7
|Fiat Lux ("let there be light")
Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds.Unlocked at level 15
Passive | Deal damage on blocked attacks.Unlocked at level 1
|Heal on Block
Passive | Blocking regenerates your health.
Unlocked at level 9
|Pugno Mortis ("fist of death")
Throw an explosive projectile dealing damage over an area.Unlocked at level 17
Your actions can't be interrupted for a short duration.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Regenerates your health when out of combat.Unlocked at level 11
Call a catapult strike over an area.
Unlocked at level 19
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Charged Heavy - Heavy can be charged into an Unblockable Attack by holding Heavy. The charge can be maintained through stance changes.
- Charged Heavy Cancel - Cancel a charge by pressing E (PC), B (XB1) or ◯ (PS4), or dodging. A charge can also be canceled with the Guardbreak button, which will lead into a Shield Uppercut.
- Charge Limitations - Charging an attack consumes stamina. You cannot charge or keep charging when exhausted.
- Defensible Charge - Unlike the Charge attacks of other Heroes, Conqueror can still block while charging. However, if he blocks an attack, his Charge will reset.
- Superior Block Heavy Attacks - Heavy Attack Openers have Superior Block during the startup. This includes the Charged Heavy Attack.
- Light Attack Momentum Mixup - Light Attacks come out faster when they attack from a different direction than the attack before.
- Can't Feint - Contrary to other Heroes, the Conqueror can't perform Feint maneuvers. However, they can cancel their attacks through other methods.
- Cancel Heavy Attacks into Shield Uppercut - Cancel any Heavy Attack into a Shield Uppercut by pressing guard break during startup. Shield Uppercut functions similarly to Shield Bash.
- Cancel Attacks into Full Block Stance - Conqueror can cancel the startup of Heavy Attacks with Full Block Stance, and can cancel the recovery of Light and Heavy Attacks with Full Block Stance.
- Zone Attack - Zone Attacks can be maintained to keep opponents at a distance.
- Full Block Zone - During the Zone Attack, Conqueror receives a Full Block stance.
- Full Block Stance into Zone Attack - Cancel a Full Block Stance into a Zone Attack.
- Superior Block Dodges - Forward, Left, and Right Dodges have Superior Block property in the direction of the Dodge.
(from Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|