"Villages far from the safety of our castle still need protection. But how can our armies protect the people when we samurai are so few? Nobushi: elegant, aggressive fighters with the lightest of armors and the most exotic of weapons: the naginata. They seem hardly battle ready, but looks, in this case, are profoundly deceiving. They keep our wilds safe and we don't even know who they are."
The defenders of the villages too far from the Imperial City for the army to reach. They are elegant fighters with a curious weapon. They have the lightest armor that allows them to move like the wind but cannot take a lot of damage. But don’t let their appearance fool you, they are one of the most effective fighters the Samurai have. 
The nobushi appears to be mostly wearing leather and cloth with a gray knee-length coat on top. They possess two small sode, Japanese shoulder protectors, on their shoulders.
They wear a mouthless noh mask and amigasa hat.
WeaponEditNaginata - The naginata is a long weapon consisting of a wooden shaft topped with a curved blade, with a round handguard (tsuba) between the blade and shaft. It is an extremely versatile weapon in the hands of a trained warrior and can be used to stab, bash, or hook enemies.
- The Nobushi's description matches that of the Onna-bugeisha, female warriors typically of nobility whose task was often to protect her household and village during the times of war, popularly wielding the naginata. They existed as part of the bushi (samurai) class, and were important when there was a lack of male warriors in the community.
- "Nobushi" (野武士) roughly translates into English as "Outsider Warrior" or "Civilian Warrior." The word "野" was also used in reference to areas outside the main castle.
- While the naginata were used by all samurai, they were most often associated with women, as the extended length effectively made up for their general lack of strength when fighting katana-armed male opponents.
- The Nobushi's Executions, "Haato no Joou" (ハートの女王) and "Oikase" (おいかせ), respectively mean "Queen of Hearts" and "Tailwind."
- "Oikase" is an older way of pronouncing "oikaze" (追い風; lit. "chasing wind"), representing the time when the Japanese language had not incorporated sonant marks, known as "dakuten" (濁点) in Japanese, in their written language.
- "Oikase" may also be a misspelling of "oikaese" (追い返せ) which can mean "repel" or "drive away."
- Japanese: 其方に死を (Sonata ni shi wo) - English: "I give you death!"
- Poke the Nest finisher
- Japanese: 推して参る (Oshite mairu) - English: "Here we go!"
- Cobra Strike
The Nobushi is a Zone Character. She tries to keep her distance while constantly annoying any attackers.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Good Zone Control
- Longest Attack Range
- Fast Revive
- Many Support Feats
Passive | You can still sprint when out of stamina.
Passive | Rapidly revive fallen teammates
Passive | Killing soldier grants you health and stamina.
Call an arrow strike dealing moderate Damage over an area (60 dmg)
Throw a smoke bomb on the ground that breaks the lock.
Passive | Attacks fill the revenge meter
Recover some of your health.
Fire a long bow for moderate damage. (85 dmg)
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
Nearby allies continuously regain health.
Aerial attack that deals medium damage in multiple areas.
A trap that explodes and creates a fire area of effect
- Renown - Renown is balanced across activities.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Way of the Shark - Does extra Damage when hitting someone already affected by Bleed.
- Hidden Stance - The Startup has a Dodge property. Basic Attacks Startup can be cancelled into Hidden Stance. Hidden Stance can be followed by Attacks, Kick or Dodge.
- Cancel Attack Recovery - Attacks can be followed up by Hidden Stance, Viper's Retreat or Kick. Kick can be followed up by Hidden Stance or Cobra Strike.
- Poke the Nest - Third chained Light Attack is guaranteed if second one hits.
- Sidewinder Form - Hit at the opposite of the direction of the Dodge. Side Slashes can be followed up by Hidden Stance, Viper's Retreat, Kick or Dodge.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first Attack with B (XB1), E key (PC) and the circle (PS4) by default.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|