"We samurai are outnumbered. Each of our warriors must be the match of ten of our enemies. Each Orochi is a match for a hundred. Swift, strong, truest masters of the katana, they move like shadows with lore taken from the ninja clans. Their armor; a perfect balance of flexibility and strength. Orochi: they are the finest warriors the world has ever known."
The Imperial assassins of the Samurai. They roam the battlefield like ghosts, terrorizing and slaughtering those unfortunate enough to cross their path. Lightly armored and trained in the arts of stealth and deception, the Orochi dispatches enemies with a katana. Usually loyal beyond reproach, the Orochi holds the darker samurai secrets of dealing death in myriad ways, from throwing deadly knives to using a poisoned blade. 
A perfect balance between flexibility and strength, the default armor is composed of laqured wood that cover most of the body with worn leather and cloth underneath. They wear a traditional kabuto, though it lacks any sort of tehen kanamono or decorative crest. Their dull gray mempo is simplistic and covers their mouth and nose, with dashes of tan paint that gives the image of sharp teeth.
WeaponEditKatana - The katana is the archetypal single-edge curved sword of the samurai of the Dawn Empire. They are made of laminated steel of the highest quality and are often honored as family heirlooms that warriors pass down to their firstborn.
- During early versions of the game, prior to its release, the Orochi was known as the Oni. Along with their name, details of their armor have been changed, most noticeably the lack of the panel of plate armor that hung over the back of the Oni's left shoulder.
- The default armor the Orochi wears is identical to Tosei dou gusoku: Samurai plate armor.
- Though the Orochi's armor is made of wood, historical Samurai never wore wood armor. All accounts of Japanese wood armor predated the Samurai, as by the time of the Samurai, they were using lamellar and would eventually develop plate armor.
- The word Orochi (Kanji: 大蛇) means serpent in Japanese, which refers to a mythical eight-headed serpent named Yamata no Orochi.
- As fast, agile warriors and the ability of using weapons like kunai and smoke bomb, the Orochi effectively assumes the role traditionally associated with the ninja in games and pop culture.
- In the Orochi intro trailer, it is said their lore has been influenced by the ninja clans.
- With the introduction of the Shinobi, the Orochi assumes the more offensive face of the ninja fantasy.
- The Orochi execution Tsubame Gaeshi is reference to the infamous technique of master swordsman Kojirō Sasaki.
- Tsubame Gaeshi roughly means 'Swallow Reversal' or 'Turning Swallow Strike'.
- There are no descriptions of the technique but it reputedly could cut down a bird mid-flight.
- It is strange that this particular execution was given to the Orochi instead of the Kensei as Kojirō Sasaki was a wielder of the nodachi.
- Japanese: 逃がしはせぬ (Nigashi wa senu) - English: "There is no escape!"
- Female Orochi, Riptide Strike
- Japanese: 尋常に勝負 (Jinjou ni shoubu) - English: "Let's have an honourable showdown!"
- Male Orochi, Riptide Strike
- Japanese: 死ね (Shine) - English: "Die!"
- Deflect Wind Gust or Hurricane Blast
Orochi are very agile katana-wielding samurai. They offer a good mix of harassment and counter-attack abilities but require skill and timing to have an effective defense.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Assassin Fighting Style
- Very fast light attacks
- Dodges into faster attacks
- Deflect abilities
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
Stun nearby opponents with a scream
Passive | You can still sprint when out of stamina.
Throw a smoke bomb on the ground that breaks the lock.
Throw a weighted dagger that does damage.
Passive | Attacks fill the revenge meter
Fire a long bow for moderate damage. (85 dmg)
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
Passive | Dodging raises Attack for a short duration
A trap dealing Bleed Damage in an area of effect
Enemies around you have lower Stamina regeneration and defenses
Aerial attack that deals medium damage in multiple areas.
- Renown - Earn more Renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense:Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time.
- Deflect - Deflect by dodging in the direction of an incoming attack just before impact. Deflect can be followed-up by Wind Gust or Hurricane Blast.
- Top Light Attack Combo - Your second Top Light Attack is guaranteed if the first one hits.
- Hurricane Blast Cancel - Cancel out of a Hurricane Blast with Wind Gust, Guardbreak or Dodge.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|