"We samurai are outnumbered. Each of our warriors must be the match of ten of our enemies. Each Orochi is a match for a hundred. Swift, strong, truest masters of the katana, they move like shadows with lore taken from the ninja clans. Their armor; a perfect balance of flexibility and strength. Orochi: they are the finest warriors the world has ever known."
The Imperial assassins of the Samurai. They roam the battlefield like ghosts, terrorizing and slaughtering those unfortunate enough to cross their path. Lightly armored and trained in the arts of stealth and deception, the Orochi dispatches enemies with a katana. Usually loyal beyond reproach, the Orochi holds the darker samurai secrets of dealing death in myriad ways, from throwing deadly knives to using a poisoned blade. 
A perfect balance between flexibility and strength, the default armor is composed of laqured wood that cover most of the body with worn leather underneath. They wear a traditional kabuto, though it lacks any sort of tehen kanamono or decorative crest. Their dull gray mempo is simplistic and covers their mouth and nose with dashes of tan paint that gives the image of teeth.
WeaponEditKatana - The katana is the archetypal single-edge curved sword of the samurai of the Dawn Empire. They are made of laminated steel of the highest quality and are often honored as family heirlooms that warriors pass down to their firstborn.
- The Orochi was known as the Oni in the early versions of the game. Along with their name, details of their armor have been changed, most noticeably the panel of plate armor that hung over the back of the Oni's left shoulder is not on the Orochi.
- The default armor the Orochi wears is identical to Tosei dou gusoku: Samurai plate armor.
- The word Orochi means serpent in Japanese, which refers to a mythical eight-headed serpent named Yamata no Orochi.
- As fast, agile warriors and the ability of using weapons like kunai and smoke bomb, the Orochi effectively assumes the role traditionally associated with ninjas in the game.
- In the Orochi trailer, it is said their lore has been influenced by the ninja clans.
- The Orochi's neutral guard stance is nearly identical to chudan no kamae, though the sword is angled slightly too high as the tip is meant to be pointed at the opponent's throat.
- The Orochi's high block is identical to jodan no kamae.
- Japanese: 逃がしはせぬ (Nigashimasen) - English: "There is no escape!"
- Female Orochi, Riptide Strike
- Japanese: 尋常に勝負 (Jinjyo ni shoubu) - English: "Victory is Mine!"
- Male Orochi, Riptide Strike
- Japanese: 死ね (Shi-ne) - English: "Die!"
- Deflect Wind Gust or Hurricane Blast
Orochi are very agile katana-wielding samurai. They offer a good mix of harassment and counter-attack abilities but require skill and timing to have an effective defense.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Assassin Fighting Style
- Very fast light attacks
- Dodges into faster attacks
- Deflect abilities
- Bounty Hunter - Passive - Gain health and stamina when you kill another hero.
- Kiai - Stun nearby opponents with a scream.
- Iron Lungs - Passive - You can still sprint when out of stamina.
- Smoke Bomb - Throw a smoke bomb on the ground that breaks the lock.
- Kunai - Throw a weighted dagger that does damage.
- Revenge Attacks - Passive - Attacks fill the revenge meter.
- Long Bow - Fire a long bow for moderate damage. (85 dmg) (Cooldown: 120 secs with default feat cdr and 78 seconds with maxed feat cdr.)
- Sharpen Blade - Attacks gain Bleeding over a short amount of time.
- Slip Through - Passive - Dodging raises attack for a short duration.
- Nail Bomb - A trap which deals bleed damage in an area of effect.
- Fear Itself - Enemies around you have lower attacks and defenses.
- Arrow Storm - Aerial attack that deals medium damage in multiple areas.
- Renown - Earn more Renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense:Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time.
- Deflect - Deflect by dodging in the direction of an incoming attack just before impact. Deflect can be followed-up by Wind Gust or Hurricane Blast.
- Top Light Attack Combo - Your second Top Light Attack is guaranteed if the first one hits.
- Hurricane Blast Cancel - Cancel out of a Hurricane Blast with Wind Gust, Guardbreak or Dodge.
(From Guard Mode)
- Legendary weapon
|Choke On This||Kneel For Me|
|Excessive Force||Clean Kill|
Passive Stance Edit
|Here I Am!||Open For Business||You Lose|
Fighting Stance Edit
|You There!||Twirl a Whirl||Arm and Armed|
|Cut To The Chase||Approach|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|