"We samurai are outnumbered. Each of our warriors must be the match of ten of our enemies. Each Orochi is a match for a hundred. Swift, strong, truest masters of the katana, they move like shadows with lore taken from the ninja clans. Their armor; a perfect balance of flexibility and strength. Orochi: they are the finest warriors the world has ever known."
The Imperial assassins of the Samurai. They roam the battlefield like ghosts, terrorizing and slaughtering those unfortunate enough to cross their path. Lightly armored and trained in the arts of stealth and deception, the Orochi dispatches enemies with a katana. Usually loyal beyond reproach, the Orochi holds the darker samurai secrets of dealing death in myriad ways, from throwing deadly knives to using a poisoned blade. 
A perfect balance between flexibility and strength, the default armor is composed of laqured wood that cover most of the body with worn leather underneath. They wear a traditional kabuto, though it lacks any sort of tehen kanamono or decorative crest. Their dull gray mempo is simplistic and covers their mouth and nose with dashes of tan paint that gives the image of teeth.
WeaponEditKatana - The katana is the archetypal single-edge curved sword of the samurai of the Dawn Empire. They are made of laminated steel of the highest quality and are often honored as family heirlooms that warriors pass down to their firstborn.
- The Orochi was known as the Oni in the early versions of the game. Along with their name, details of their armor have been changed, most noticeably the panel of plate armor that hung over the back of the Oni's left shoulder is not on the Orochi.
- The default armor the Orochi wears is identical to Tosei dou gusoku: Samurai plate armor.
- The word Orochi means serpent in Japanese, which refers to a mythical eight-headed serpent named Yamata no Orochi.
- As fast, agile warriors and the ability of using weapons like kunai and smoke bomb, the Orochi effectively assumes the role traditionally associated with ninjas in the game.
- In the Orochi trailer, it is said their lore has been influenced by the ninja clans.
- The Orochi's neutral guard stance is nearly identical to chudan no kamae, though the sword is angled slightly too high as the tip is meant to be pointed at the opponent's throat.
- The Orochi's high block is identical to jodan no kamae.
- Japanese: 逃がしません (Nigashimasen) - English: "There is no escape!"
- Female Orochi, Riptide Strike
- Japanese: 尋常に勝負 (Jinjyo ni shoubu) - English: "Let's have an honourable showdown!"
- Male Orochi, Riptide Strike
- Japanese: 死ね (Shi-ne) - English: "Die!"
- Deflect Wind Gust or Hurricane Blast
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found