"Sometimes a viking is born who carries the spark of gods: Raiders, we call them. It is a name that can summon armies. Ruthless, fearless, made for battle. The Dane Axe was the mightiest weapon of our ancestors; they wield it without mercy. The moment of a viking's death is chosen by fate. So what use have they of armor? Or of fear?"
Fighting with heavy two-handed axes, Raiders are always found at the forefront of the Viking horde, hacking through enemies crazy enough to stand in their way. They are clad in leather and iron rings, with their bodies covered by tattoos – souvenirs from past battles, which they bear proudly. These relentless warriors embody the Viking ideals: boundless bravery, spotless integrity, and unbridled passion. They know the moment of their death has already been chosen upon birth, so no Viking fears to follow their destiny. Of course, they all intend to bring as many foes with them as they can.
The Raider's armor is composed of a blend of toughened leather, thick animal furs, and few pieces of metal plates, and have more of their body exposed than any other class in the game. So much so that it could be said that the Raider wears no armor at all, effectively sacrificing defense in exchange for mobility to assist in their preferred tactic of charging recklessly headfirst into a fight.
WeaponEditLong Axe - Long axes have massive heads mounted on long, polished wooden handles. It is one of the most recognizable and fearsome weapons of the Vikings. It doubles as a deadly weapon of war and a tool to smash through whatever stands in the way between raiders and the loot they seek.
- The Raider's weapon is unmistakably the Dane Axe, and is even referred to as such in the Raider trailer, despite being longer and features a thicker head than a traditional one. Strangely, it is called the 'Long Axe' on the For Honor website.
- While all promotional materials feature the Raider wearing a horned helmet, there is no historical proof that Vikings have actually worn such helmets in battle.
- Some early historians suspected Viking berserkers (berserkir) of charging into battle bare-chested (interpreting ber- as bare so that berserkir would mean bare-shirt or no shirt). Such interpretations have largely been abandoned by modern historians but the Raider and his lack of a shirt could have possibly been inspired by such interpretations.
- Icelandic: ÉG RÍF YKKUR Í BITA! - English: "I'll rip you to pieces!"
- Male Raider, Unblockable Fury
- Icelandic: ÉG RÍF ÞIG Í BITA! - English: "I'll tear you to pieces!"
- Female Raider, Unblockable Fury
- Icelandic: Þú ert dauður! - English: "You are dead!" (Both genders)
- Stunning Tap
Raiders are the Viking’s archetypal warriors. They wade through battles with a large Dane axe, dishing out several disabling attacks and dealing high damage.
- Disabling Fighting Style
- High Damage Attacks
- Unblockable zone attack usable in all chain attacks
- Stun attacks and throws
- Strong, versatile throw attacks
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Lose stamina at a lower rate.
Unlocked at level 5
Passive | Killing soldier grants you health and stamina.Unlocked at level 13
|2||Marked for Death
Reveal target position and lower its attack and defense.Unlocked at level 1
Allies deal more Damage, soldiers fight faster.Unlocked at level 7
Medium damage trap that stops victims in their tracks.
Unlocked at level 15
Recover some of your health.Unlocked at level 1
Raise sprint speed slightly and attack and defense greatly.
Unlocekd at level 9
Increase ally Damage and makes enemy soldiers flee.
Unlocked at level 17
Throw a projectile creating a fire area of effect.Unlocked at level 1
Nearby allies continuously regain health.Unlocked at level 11
Activate to auto block grab attempts for a duration.
Unlocked at level 19
- Stampede Charge - Hold/Release MMB (PC), X (XB1) to manage Sprint Distance. Knocks down enemies while running. Stuns Grabbed opponent if knocked into wall.
- Controlled Throw - Hold/Release MMB (PC), X (XB1) to direct where you Throw enemy. Thrown opponent loses Stamina each time he knocks down a nearby character.
- Raider Fury - Attack is Unblockable and can be used with any chain.
- Stunning Tap Variation - Cancel any Heavy Attack startup with a Light Attack. Stun opponent.
(From Guard Mode)
|Axe Uppercut||Gutbuster||Pure Force|
Passive Stance Edit
|Hulking Out||Want This?||Big No|
|Axe Press||What's the Point?||The Flag|
Fighting Stance Edit
|All of You||Here I Am|
|Yes You||Throat Slasher||Shove Off|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander|