"Theirs was a secret society. Even we Samurai were not sure if they even existed or if they were just a myth...until they came out of the shadows: shinobi. Their weapon, the kusarigama is like no other. It echoes through our past and proves they are indeed from our blood. Trained in secret, their presence on the battlefield can be felt before they are even seen. We now know they are always close, waiting for the right moment to strike. They have now entered this war and won't leave until their job is done."
The Shinobi are silent warriors who move with a dancer's grace and kill with the precision that can only come from a lifetime of disciplined training.. 
The shinobi takes on the image of a pop culture ninja, clad in dark shinobi shōzoku with ropes, bombs, and a kaginawa grappling hook in the belt and a Sanjaku-tenugui covering the face. Leather bracers and shoulder pads cover the arms.
WeaponEditKusarigama - The traditional Japanese weapon consists of a sickle with a chain attached. It is brutal in close quarters but can also be thrown and retracted for medium-distance attacks
- Shinobi in For Honor were inspired by their real-life counterparts, also referred to as ninjas (which is another word for Spy).
- Unlike pop culture tendency to make ninjas to be assassins dressed in a black shōzoku, In real life they would usually dress themselves as ordinary people to avoid suspicion.
- Historical shinobi's primary duties were espionage, sabotage, and guerilla warfare, while occasionally carrying out assassination attempts.
- The Shinobi wears the popularly seen shinobi shōzoku, though this was not a standard shinobi uniform. While it is possible shinobi wore these to carry out their missions they would wear whatever was best suited for that mission.
- While shinobi are often portrayed as sworn enemies of the Samurai in pop culture due to differences in their honor codes, shinobi were often working for the Daimyos and many shinobi were samurai.
- Kusarigama are weapons comprised of a sickle-like kama attached to a heavy weight via a long chain.
- While the game portrays the kama being swung, it is the heavy weight that was used to bash armored opponents at a distance.
- Should the weight be grabbed or snared by the enemy, the chain would be used to ensnare the enemy so they can be killed at close range by the kama.
- While the the chain is often shown attached to the bottom of the kama's handle, it is often attached to the top end, near the blade, to assist it in ensnaring opponent's weapon.
- Japanese: 覚悟 (O Kakugo) - English: "I'm ready!"
- Female Shinobi, Ranged Guard Break
- Japanese: はぐ (Hagu) - English: "Come to me!"
- Male Shinobi, Ranged Guard Break
- Japanese: 遅い (Osoi) - English: "Too Slow!"
- Double Dodge Kick
The Shinobi excel at repositioning, are extremely mobile, and are able to move about the battlefield with ease and speed. However, their very low health and difficulty performing defensive counters leaves them highly vulnerable.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Able to position themselves using the back flip, front roll, dodge, cancel, and super sprint moves
- Attacks at distance (very long-range attacks)
- Grabs at distance (very long-range guard break)
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another heroUnlocked at level 1
Passive | Hide yourself from the HUD, Radar & Aim AssistUnlocked at level 5
Stun nearby opponents with a screamUnlocked at level 13
Throw a smoke bomb on the ground that breaks the lock.Unlocked at level 7
Throw multiple shurikens in an area in front of youUnlocked at level 7
Passive | Attacks fill the revenge meterUnlocked at level 15
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.Unlocked at level 1
Gain Stamina on successful attacksUnlocked at level 9
Passive | Dodging raises Attack for a short durationUnlocked at level 17
Aerial attack that deals medium damage in multiple areas.Unlocked at level 1
A trap dealing Bleed Damage in an area of effectUnlocked at level 11
Gain Health on successful attacksUnlocked at level 19
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense: Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time
- Light Attack Combo - Shadow Dancer: Second Light Attack is guaranteed if first one hits.
- Light Attack Combo - Ghoul's Rage: Light Attack is guaranteed if the heavy hits.
- Charge - The Attack has 2 charging levels. The higher the level the more range your attack has.
- Charge Limitations - If you are out of Stamina, you cannot charge. You can Dodge during the charge or Cancel by pressing E. When blocked, the charge is always interrupted.
- Charged Attack - If parried by an opponent you will be unbalanced
- Deflect - Deflect by dodging in the direction of an attack just before impact. Deflecting teleports you behind the opponent and inflicts Bleed. It can be followed-up by a Kick or LMB.
- Super Sprint - Consumes Stamina. While super sprinting, press ↑ to go back to sprint
- Double Dodge - Cancel your Dodge by performing another Dodge. Cannot Cancel a back dodge by another back dodge.
- Grab - If reversed by an opponent you will be unbalanced.
- Kick Mix up - Surprise your enemy by launching a Kick.
- Tackle - Can exit the tackle by pressing E.
(From Guard Mode)
|Hack and Slash||Scorpion Sting|
|Flying Lotus||Get Back Here!|
Passive Stance Edit
|Fresh to Death||Epic Tantrum|
|Mall Ninja||Break it Down|
Fighting Stance Edit
|Show of Respect||Bow and Begin!|
|Respectful Salute||Show of Skill|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|