"Theirs was a secret society. Even we Samurai were not sure if they even existed or if they were just a myth...until they came out of the shadows: shinobi. Their weapon, the kusarigama is like no other. It echoes through our past and proves they are indeed from our blood. Trained in secret, their presence on the battlefield can be felt before they are even seen. We now know they are always close, waiting for the right moment to strike. They have now entered this war and won't leave until their job is done."
The Shinobi are silent warriors who move with a dancer's grace and kill with the precision that can only come from a lifetime of disciplined training.. 
The shinobi takes on the image of a pop culture ninja, clad in dark shinobi shōzoku with ropes, bombs, and a kaginawa grappling hook in the belt and a Sanjaku-tenugui covering the face. Leather bracers and shoulder pads cover the arms.
WeaponEditKusarigama - The traditional Japanese weapon consists of a kama (japanese sickle) with a chain attached. It is brutal in close quarters but can also be thrown and retracted for medium-distance attacks
- Shinobi (忍び) literally means "patience", and this is the short version of Ninja (忍者) or Shinobi no Mono (忍びの者), one who waits patiently for the right opportunity to strike.
- Shinobi in For Honor were inspired by their real-life counterparts, also referred to as ninjas (which is another word for Spy).
- Unlike pop culture tendency to make ninjas to be assassins dressed in a black shōzoku. In real life they would usually dress themselves as ordinary people to avoid suspicion.
- Historical shinobi's primary duties were espionage, sabotage, and guerilla warfare, while occasionally carrying out assassination attempts.
- The Shinobi wears the popularly seen shinobi shōzoku, though this was not a standard shinobi uniform. While it is possible shinobi wore these to carry out their missions they would wear whatever was best suited for that mission.
- While shinobi are often portrayed as sworn enemies of the Samurai in pop culture due to differences in their honor codes, shinobi were often working for the Daimyos and many shinobi were samurai.
- Kusarigama are weapons comprised of a sickle-like kama attached to a heavy weight via a long chain.
- While the game portrays the kama being swung, it is the heavy weight that was used to bash armored opponents at a distance.
- Should the weight be grabbed or snared by the enemy, the chain would be used to ensnare the enemy so they can be killed at close range by the kama.
- While the the chain is often shown attached to the bottom of the kama's handle, it is often attached to the top end, near the blade, to assist it in ensnaring opponent's weapon.
- Japanese: お覚悟 (O Kakugo) - English: "Prepare Yourself!"
- Female Shinobi, Ranged Guard Break, After Second Heavy Hit
- Japanese: 覚悟 (Kakugo) - English: "Get ready!"
- Male Shinobi, Ranged Guard Break, After Second Heavy Hit
- Japanese: 遅い (Osoi) - English: "Too Slow!"
- Double Dodge Kick, Dash Kick
- Japanese: しすっ (Shisutsu) - English: "It was a trick!"
- Double Dodge Kick, Light Attack
- Japanese: ここまでか (Kokomadeka) - English: "It seems this is my undoing"
- Japanese: 無念 (Munen) - English: "Regretful"
- Japanese: 必殺 (Hissatsu) - English: "Criticial Hit!"
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found