"We are far from home, we samurai. Each new land teaches us new things. Each new ally makes us stronger. The shugoki: once our guardians, they have become as family. And what more fierce protectors could we ask for? The kanabo is an unreasonable weapon; clumsy, dangerous... unless you possess the strength of a demon and an unbreakable will."
Shugoki appear slow and cumbersome. Don’t let that fool you -- they possess the strength of a demon and an unbreakable will. It takes incredible fortitude to be the guardians of your people. You must defend them at all costs and put their needs above your own. This has never been an issue for the Shugoki. Their weapon of choice seems unwieldy. But in their hands, it is as deadly and precise as any blade. 
Shugoki wear massive metal plates protecting their torso and arms. An obi sash around his waist holds the garments together. They wear no kabuto but their mask, known as a somen, gives them the face of an oni, a Japanese demon with the superhuman strength to wield a kanabo with ease. Their somen is a deathly white face mask with wide smile filled with sharp teeth and a pair of tusks.
Kanabo - This traditional club takes a skilled warrior to wield it correctly. It can deliver a crippling blow when it hits but leaves the user open for counter-attack if it misses.
- Unlike the Kensei and Orochi, the mask the Shugoki wears is not a mempo, which covers the face from nose to chin, but a somen, which covers the entire face.
- Shugoki literally translates to 'guardian demon' in Japanese.
- The Shugoki's entire design revolves around the Oni, wearing a mask with the face of an Oni and carrying a kanabo, which is a weapon associated with the Oni.
- Coincidentally, Oni was the original name of the Orochi.
- Japanese: 潔く死ね (Isagiyoku shine) - English: "Accept it and die!"
- Demon's embrace
- Japanese: 我が手中にあり (Waga shuchuu ni ari) - English: "It's in my hands."
- Charging heavy attack
- Japanese: ぬるいわ (Nuruiwa) - English: "Weak."
- Hit while in uninterruptible stance
The Shugokis are the disruptor Tank. They absorb a lot of hits thanks to their high health and passive uninterruptible stance which allows a bit more freedom while attacking. He's excellent at dealing with crowds with his massive kanabo, but he's very slow, both in movement and attack.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Disabler fighting style
- Hard hitter
- Passive uninterruptible stance
- Charging heavy attacks
- Light attacks not interruptible
Passive | Rapidly revive fallen teammatesUnlocked at level 1
Passive | You can still Sprint when Out of StaminaUnlocked at level 5
Passive | Throw enemies fartherUnlocked at level 13
Passive | You cannot be stumbled or unbalanced by Parries and ThrowsUnlocked at level 1
Throw a smoke bomb on the ground that breaks the lockUnlocked at level 7
You're slowed and gain high Damage reductionUnlocked at level 15
Passive | Deal Damage on Blocked AttacksUnlocked at level 1
Fire a long bow for moderate Damage (85 dmg)Unlocked at level 9
|Hard to Kill
Passive | Losing Health increases your Damage reductionUnlocked at level 17
Heavy Attacks cause enemies to fallUnlocked at level 1
Aerial Attack that deals medium Damage in multiple areasUnlocked at level 11
Passive | Regenerate your Health when out of combatUnlocked at level 19
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Passive Uninterruptible Stance - Has a permanent Uninterruptible Stance. The Stance is consumed if Shugoki gets hit or Guardbreaked. When the Stance is consumed, Shugoki takes more Damage.
- Uninterruptible Stance recovery - Passive Uninterruptible Stance effect regenerates after a few seconds. It takes longer when out of Stamina, on hits or blocking.
(From Guard Mode)
|Break In Half||Burst Your Bubble||One Inch Punch|
|Hip Attack||Sit On It|
|Quick Nap||Pumped!||Heck Yes!|
|Pray For You||Sumo|
|From The Gut||My House!||Try Harder|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|