Show your devotion to the gods. Capture and retain the three flags known as tributes.
The goal in Tribute is for your team to take control of Offerings dispersed on the map. Shortly after the game begins, offerings will spawn across the battlefield at marked locations. Players must pick them up and carry them to their base and secure them inside one of their 3 Shrines.
Every Shrine gives a different Blessing to the team once an offering has successfully been claimed:
- Vindicator Blessing: Gives your whole team an attack buff, as well as a speed boost when carrying an Offering and faster interaction when stealing an Offering. This buff appears on the arms of the team's Heroes.
- Guardian Blessing: Gives your whole team a small regenerating shield, as well as slowing enemy interaction when they try to steal your team’s Offering. This buff appears on the shoulders of the team's Heroes.
- Oracle Blessing: Increases your team's awareness of the whole enemy team by showing the location of an Offering carrier and the enemy team through the radar as well as in-world. This buff appears on the chest and back of the team's Heroes.
Players are able to steal Offerings from the enemy team’s Shrines at any moment. However, it will take a few moments for an offering to be placed into or removed from a shrine. Being attacked while interacting with a Shrine stops the interaction. Hitting an opponent that is carrying an Offering will make them drop it.
As players respawn at locations around the map, sometimes near your own Shrines, or off to the side of the map, the respawn timer will increase by 5 seconds for every Offering your team has in a Shrine, up to 15 seconds more.
This mode can be played with a full queue of players, with players against AI, or single player with AI teammates against AI opponents.
How To WinEdit
If a team has all three offerings, a 30-second countdown will begin before the end of the match. The opposing team needs to remove at least one offering in order to halt the countdown.
If time runs out, whichever team has the most Offerings is the victor. If either team has equal amounts of Offerings, the game will go into overtime, until one team has more Offerings than the other.
- Shrines have their own distinctive design depending on the map's faction the game of Tribute is being played on.
- Knight maps will have Shrines that look like a European wall-fountain adorned with lion heads about its basin and a stone mural of a knight's bust.
- Viking maps will have Shrines that look like a throne-like alter with skulls of animals & humans alike hanging.
- Samurai maps will have Shrines that look like a stone mural with a basin, a Komainu being the core design of the mural.
- Torches light on each side of the Shrines, their design being based on the map's faction too.
- Offerings have a universal design, being a staff with an ouroboros at the top end, and a flame shining at the center of the ouroboros.