"Valhalla: our reward for dying in battle. But what of those who die elsewhere? The Valkyries - a warrior order who have made a deal with the gods. Each one can earn glory for our fallen dead. In time, they can win a place for the deserving. But they alone decide for whom they fight. Masters of the spear and the shield, scouts, trackers, and perhaps your only hope for salvation."
The Valkyries have made a deal with the gods. They will fight and earn glory so that those who can’t will be counted in the halls of Valhalla. They are scouts and trackers who use their spears and shields to deadly effect. They are chosen by the gods—pray that you never encounter one on the battlefield.
The Valkyrie wear mostly leather armor with some metal plates. Their helmet has a full face plate and ram horns. The skulls of rams are attached to their gauntlets.
Spear and Shield - The spear is a simple weapon: a sharpened metal point at the end of a long wooden shaft. The shield is small and gives little protection. But put them in the hands of a Valkyrie and they are a deadly combination. An attack can come from either and an enemy can find themselves on their back if they are too slow.
- In Norse Mythology, Valkyries were female spirits who chose who lived, and who died. They brought half the souls of the slain to Valhalla and the other half to Fólkvangr.
- While the game lists Valkyrie as a hard character, the website lists her as a medium. This is possibly due to the Valkyrie being listed as medium during testing, changed for the final game, and the website has yet to be updated.
- Icelandic: ÉG DREP ÞIG! – English: "I'll kill you!"
- Leg sweep
- Icelandic: Dauðastund! - English: "Time to die!"
- Shield charge
- Dauðastund literally means 'death' or 'dying'. Icelandic literature it is used to refer to the time or moment of one's death.
- Shield charge
The Valkyrie is versatile and complex. She is a very adaptable Hero and very good at keeping the enemy off-balance.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Keeps Enemies at Bay
- Complex Combos
- Excellent at Takedowns
- Can Use Shield To Attack
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.
Passive | Attacks deal more Damage
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
|2||Bloodlust Passive Feat | Killing heroes grants temporary attack and defense boosts||Bear Trap
Medium damage trap that stops victims in their tracks.
You're slowed and gain high Damage reduction
|3||Javelin Throw a javelin for moderate damage.||Fury
Raise sprint speed slightly and attack and defense greatly.
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
All enemies are marked for death and show up on radar.
Throw a projectile creating a fire area of effect.
Passive | Regenerate your Health when out of combat
- Renown - Renown is balanced across activities.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Superior Block Light Attacks - Light Attacks have Superior Block property during the Startup. Use it to counterattacks.
- Dodge Counter - Your Guard automatically matches the direction of your Dodge, Pouncing Thrust and Hunter's Strike.
- Full Block Stance on Shield Tackle - Hold Shield Tackle to gain Full Block Stance. It keeps full block property during the charge as well.
- Shield Tackle Cancel - Press RB (XB1), LMB (PC) to Cancel Shield Tackle with a Pouncing Thrust. Press X (XB1), MMB (PC) to Cancel Shield Tackle with a Guardbreak.
- Spear Sweep Finisher - Use Spear Sweep instead of your normal Chain Finisher to surprise your enemy.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first Attack with B (XB1).
(From Guard Mode)
|Get The Horns||Aim For The Head||Vlad The Impaler|
|Plant Your Flag||Trick Shot|
Passive Stance Edit
|Feels Good, Man||Make Some Noise!||Snap Out of It|
|This Blows||Nothing to See||Skyward Spear|
Fighting Stance Edit
|Not Bad At All||Spear Twirl||You Like This?|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|