"Valhalla: our reward for dying in battle. But what of those who die elsewhere? The Valkyries - a warrior order who have made a deal with the gods. Each one can earn glory for our fallen dead. In time, they can win a place for the deserving. But they alone decide for whom they fight. Masters of the spear and the shield, scouts, trackers, and perhaps your only hope for salvation."
The Valkyries have made a deal with the gods. They will fight and earn glory so that those who can’t will be counted in the halls of Valhalla. They are scouts and trackers who use their spears and shields to deadly effect. They are chosen by the gods—pray that you never encounter one on the battlefield.
The Valkyrie wear mostly leather armor with some metal plates. Their helmet has a full face plate and ram horns. The skulls of rams are attached to their gauntlets.
Spear and Shield - The spear is a simple weapon: a sharpened metal point at the end of a long wooden shaft. The shield is small and gives little protection. But put them in the hands of a Valkyrie and they are a deadly combination. An attack can come from either and an enemy can find themselves on their back if they are too slow.
- In Norse Mythology, Valkyries were female spirits who chose who lived, and who died in battle. They brought half the souls of the slain to Valhalla and the other half to Fólkvangr.
- The title Valkyrie means 'chooser of the slain'.
- While the game lists Valkyrie as a hard character, the website lists her as a medium. This is possibly due to the Valkyrie being listed as medium during testing, changed for the final game, and the website has yet to be updated.
- The Valkyrie is the only hybrid character in the game so far to carry a shield.
- Icelandic: ÉG DREP ÞIG! – English: "I'll kill you!"
- Leg sweep
- Icelandic: Dauðastund! - English: "Time to die!"
- Shield charge
- Dauðastund literally means 'death' or 'dying'. Icelandic literature it is used to refer to the time or moment of one's death.
- Shield charge
- Icelandic: Þinn tími her runninn upp! – English: "Your time has run out!"
- Shield Grab execution
- Icelandic: Þú ert minn! – English: "You're mine!"
- No Touching execution
The Valkyrie is versatile and complex. She is a very adaptable Hero and very good at keeping the enemy off-balance.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Keeps Enemies at Bay
- Complex Combos
- Excellent at Takedowns
- Can Use Shield To Attack
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.
Passive | Attacks deal more Damage
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
|2||Bloodlust Passive Feat | Killing heroes grants temporary attack and defense boosts||Bear Trap
Medium damage trap that stops victims in their tracks.
You're slowed and gain high Damage reduction
|3||Javelin Throw a javelin for moderate damage.||Fury
Raise sprint speed slightly and attack and defense greatly.
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
All enemies are marked for death and show up on radar.
Throw a projectile creating a fire area of effect.
Passive | Regenerate your Health when out of combat
- Renown - Renown is balanced across activities.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Superior Block Light Attacks - Light Attacks have Superior Block property during the Startup. Use it to counterattack.
- Dodge Counter - Your Guard automatically matches the direction of your Dodge. Use a Heavy Attack after a successful Dodge Block to Link into a Shoulder Pin.
- Full Block Stance on Shield Tackle - Gain Full Block while holding Guardbreak during a Shield Tackle.
- Shield Tackle Cancel - Cancel Shield Tackle by Feinting before you charge.
- Shield Crush - Press Guardbreak during a Heavy Attack Startup to cancel into a Shield Crush. Press Guardbreak after the first strike of a Zone Attack to cancel to a Shield Crush.
- Zone Attack - Zone Attack can be cancelled after the first swing by Feinting.
- Spear Sweep Finisher - Guardbreak instead of using your normal Chain Finisher to surprise your enemy with a Spear Sweep.
- Spear Sweep Punish - Heavy Attack immediately after a successful Spear Sweep to perform a Spear Sweep Punish.
- Chain Openers - Shield Tackle, Shield Crush, Shoulder Pin, Pouncing Thrust, and Hunter's Strike count as Chain Openers.
- Side Light Attack Finishers - Side Light Attack Finishers stun the target.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|