"Valhalla: our reward for dying in battle. But what of those who die elsewhere? The Valkyries - a warrior order who have made a deal with the gods. Each one can earn glory for our fallen dead. In time, they can win a place for the deserving. But they alone decide for whom they fight. Masters of the spear and the shield, scouts, trackers, and perhaps your only hope for salvation."
The Valkyries have made a deal with the gods. They will fight and earn glory so that those who can’t will be counted in the halls of Valhalla. They are scouts and trackers who use their spears and shields to deadly effect. They are chosen by the gods—pray that you never encounter one on the battlefield.
The Valkyrie wear mostly leather armor with some metal plates. Their helmet has a full face plate and ram horns. The skulls of rams are attached to their gauntlets.
Spear and Shield - The spear is a simple weapon: a sharpened metal point at the end of a long wooden shaft. The shield is small and gives little protection. But put them in the hands of a Valkyrie and they are a deadly combination. An attack can come from either and an enemy can find themselves on their back if they are too slow.
- In Norse Mythology, Valkyries were female spirits who chose who lived, and who died. They brought half the souls of the slain to Valhalla and the other half to Fólkvangr.
- While the game lists Valkyrie as a hard character, the website lists her as a medium. This is possibly due to the Valkyrie being listed as medium during testing, changed for the final game, and the website has yet to be updated.
- Icelandic: ÉG DREP ÞIG! – English: "I'll kill you!"
- Leg sweep
- Icelandic: Dauðastund! - English: "Time to die!"
- Shield charge
- Dauðastund literally means 'death' or 'dying'. Icelandic literature it is used to refer to the time or moment of one's death.
- Shield charge
The Valkyrie is versatile and complex. She is a very adaptable Hero and very good at keeping the enemy off-balance.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Keeps Enemies at Bay
- Complex Combos
- Excellent at Takedowns
- Can Use Shield To Attack
- Bounty Hunter - Heals about 1 bar of hp when killing a hero and restores full stamina on kill.
- Deadly - 5-10% damage boost to attacks.
- Bloodlust - After killing a hero your attacks are 20-25% more damaging and your damage reduction is increased by 50-55% for 10-12 seconds.
- Juggernaut: Gain 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds. Cooldown: 83 seconds (default feat cdr). 58 seconds cooldown with maximum feat cooldown reduction.
- Scout: Debuff the enemy (every player on the map) damage reduction and stamina regen for 45 seconds. Cooldown with no feat cdr is about 90 seconds. 60 seconds cooldown with maximum feat cooldown reduction.
- Javelin: Deals about 70% of target's maximum health. Cooldown with default feat cdr is 2 mins 5 seconds. 83 seconds cooldown with maximum feat cooldown reduction.
- Fury: With fury buff on you do about 110% of a bar with a top heavy (assuming no gear stats). Without fury buff on you do about 90% of a bar with a side heavy (assuming no gear stats). As for the defense boost: A valkyrie is left with 3,2 bar after top heavy from kensei (both characters no gear stats) when the buff is not on. When fury is activated the valkyrie is instead left with 4 full bars of health after the same attack. As stated before, both examples are with no gear stats. Duration of feat: 20 seconds. Cooldown with default feat cooldown reduction: 115 seconds.
- Bear trap: Infinite duration until stepped on. 1 bar of damage is dealt and stamina is completely drained assuming no gear stats when steps on. Cooldown with default feat cooldown reduction is 89 seconds.
- Fireflask: Does significant damage over time in an area. Cooldown with default feat cooldown reduction is 180 seconds.
- Renown - Renown is balanced across activities.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Superior Block Light Attacks - Light Attacks have Superior Block property during the Startup. Use it to counterattacks.
- Dodge Counter - Your Guard automatically matches the direction of your Dodge, Pouncing Thrust and Hunter's Strike.
- Full Block Stance on Shield Tackle - Hold Shield Tackle to gain Full Block Stance. It keeps full block property during the charge as well.
- Shield Tackle Cancel - Press RB (XB1), LMB (PC) to Cancel Shield Tackle with a Pouncing Thrust. Press X (XB1), MMB (PC) to Cancel Shield Tackle with a Guardbreak.
- Spear Sweep Finisher - Use Spear Sweep instead of your normal Chain Finisher to surprise your enemy.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first Attack with B (XB1).
(From Guard Mode)
|Get The Horns||Aim For The Head|
|Plant Your Flag||Trick Shot|
Passive Stance Edit
|Feels Good, Man|
|This Blows||Nothing to See||Skyward Spear|
Fighting Stance Edit
|Not Bad At All||Spear Twirl||You Like This?|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|