"Valhalla: our reward for dying in battle. But what of those who die elsewhere? The Valkyries - a warrior order who have made a deal with the gods. Each one can earn glory for our fallen dead. In time, they can win a place for the deserving. But they alone decide for whom they fight. Masters of the spear and the shield, scouts, trackers, and perhaps your only hope for salvation."
The Valkyries have made a deal with the gods. They will fight and earn glory so that those who can’t will be counted in the halls of Valhalla. They are scouts and trackers who use their spears and shields to deadly effect. They are chosen by the gods—pray that you never encounter one on the battlefield.
The Valkyrie wear mostly leather armor with some metal plates. Their helmet has a full face plate and ram horns. The skulls of rams are attached to their gauntlets.
Spear and Shield - The spear is a simple weapon: a sharpened metal point at the end of a long wooden shaft. The shield is small and gives little protection. But put them in the hands of a Valkyrie and they are a deadly combination. An attack can come from either and an enemy can find themselves on their back if they are too slow.
- In Norse Mythology, Valkyries were female spirits who chose who lived, and who died in battle. They brought half the souls of the slain to Valhalla and the other half to Fólkvangr.
- The title Valkyrie means 'chooser of the slain'.
- While the game lists Valkyrie as a hard character, the website lists her as a medium. This is possibly due to the Valkyrie being listed as medium during testing, changed for the final game, and the website has yet to be updated.
- Icelandic: ÉG DREP ÞIG! – English: "I'll kill you!"
- Leg sweep
- Icelandic: Dauðastund! - English: "Time to die!"
- Shield charge
- Dauðastund literally means 'death' or 'dying'. Icelandic literature it is used to refer to the time or moment of one's death.
- Shield charge
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found